Windermere Voss Property Management & Associates offers professional, full-service management for property owners interested in leasing or renting their houses, apartment buildings, or condominiums. We strive to understand each owner’s goals and needs for their property. You can have peace of mind knowing that our experienced property managers are here to provide you with the expertise and top-notch service you expect from Windermere.
Our management services include but are not limited to:
Rental prices can fluctuate yearly or even monthly. We will give you a range of what your property will rent for, based on other properties similar to yours in the market. One of our property managers will fully inspect your property’s condition and make recommendations to maximize curb appeal, attract quality tenants, and maintain rental value. During this evaluation we document any damages and help you create a plan for short and long term costs needed to protect your investment.
Windermere Voss Property Management takes a comprehensive approach to marketing your property and to providing the best exposure to the most qualified potential tenants. Here are some of the steps we’ll take to market your property:
- Photographs to highlight the features that set your property apart from others.
- Online marketing via windermerevpm.com, Trulia, Zillow, Facebook, Craigslist, and Windermere.com, which receive an average of one million monthly visits and allow potential tenants to search for rental properties, view photo galleries, property details, and print out fliers of your property.
- For Rent signs for your property (where applicable) to provide prospective tenants in the area with all the information they need to find out more about the property and contact one of our property managers.
Qualification of Prospective Tenants
We have a very complete and thorough tenant application process. This includes pulling a full credit check, nationwide criminal background check, rental history, job history, and reference checks. Tenants must meet our guidelines in all of these areas to rent through us.
Windermere Voss Property Management handles all the paperwork and legwork for you. Here are some of the steps we take upon move-in:
- Execution of rental/lease agreement
- Pet, lead-based paint, mold, and other addenda
- State-required disclosures
- Utility transfers
- Move-in condition report
- HOA rules and regulations
- Transfer of keys
- Collection of all security deposits including first rents (deposited into FDIC-insured client trust accounts)
- Meeting with tenant at the property to review and sign paperwork and provide copies
- Digital photo documentation of the property for your file (each new lease/tenant)
If you already have tenants in your property, we will cultivate relationships with them by sending out letters to notify them of the management transition. We’ll include our contact information, how and where to pay rent, rules and regulations, new rental/lease agreements, and any other paperwork they will need. We have found that providing a personal approach with our tenants helps not only in the transition process but encourages tenant longevity and satisfaction.
You can choose whether you would like pets on your property. If you choose to allow pets, we accept dogs and cats for a refundable deposit of $200 for each pet. In addition, all animals must be approved with an acceptable pet reference from the previous landlord. A member of our staff will meet with all pets and verify that they are up to date on vaccines and licensed. Companion animals are different than pets and are designated as such in a letter from a licensed care provider. Tenants with companion animals do not pay additional security deposit or rent.
Collection of Deposits, Fees, and Rents
We require all tenants to pay ample security deposits to ensure their compliance with the terms of the rental agreement. All security deposits are kept in FDIC-insured Client Trust Security Deposit Accounts. When tenants move out, they need to meet the conditions of the deposit refund sheet to get their deposit back.
We collect and process all rent monies from tenants and enforce on-time rent payments. Rent is due on the 1st of the month and is legally late on the 5th. We do not accept partial rent payments. In the case that rent is not received on time, we will give the tenant legal notice and take further action to remedy the situation if necessary.
Maintenance and Move-out Procedures
We have put together a great team to perform repairs, including a full-service, licensed, insured, and bonded construction company that cares for our properties. We respond to all maintenance requests within 24 hours, and our maintenance team is on call 24/7 in the case of an emergency.
When a move-out occurs, we inspect the property and give you a detailed report, including photos, of any needed repairs. In addition to making any necessary repairs, we perform a full and detailed cleaning of the property, including, but not limited to, carpets and windows. We can also coordinate and supervise insurance claims when applicable. We treat your property like our own and want to ensure that it is always well maintained and holding its market value.
We understand the value of advanced technology systems and have invested in AppFolio Property Manager software to care for your properties efficiently and effectively. Some of the benefits that we are able to pass on to you:
- Faster response time and better service to both owners and tenants
- We can securely access information about all properties at any time and from anywhere. Sensitive data are securely housed in a state-of-the-art data center and backed up regularly and automatically.
- Monthly statements delivered to your email inbox, saving time and paper
- The statements are easy to read and provide you with a quick snapshot of your property details for the previous month.
- Quick response to property maintenance issues
- We can create electronic work orders and communicate with vendors to quickly solve issues.
- Speedy and secure transfer of funds to you
- We are able to use electronic payments (ACH) to deposit funds directly into your bank account.
- Effective marketing of your properties
- We can quickly and professionally advertise your properties on our website, Craigslist, and other websites.
Disbursement of Funds on Owners’ Behalf
At your request, we can manage and make payments on mortgages, utilities, HOA fees, insurance, and other property bills that you want paid from your client trust account. This provides a benefit when filing taxes, as everything is all in one place and itemized for you on your year-end tax statement. We also keep all bill stubs and receipts filed electronically on your owners’ portal for easy access at any time.
Our fee is based on a percentage of the gross monthly rents collected. Please contact us to discuss our fee structure, as every client and property have different needs.
HOA Management Specialist