Windermere Voss Property Management & Associates offers professional, full-service management for property owners interested in leasing or renting their houses, apartment buildings or condominiums. We strive to understand what each owner’s goals and needs are for their property. You can have peace of mind that our experienced property management team is here to provide you with the professional expertise and top-notch service you expect from Windermere.
Our management services include but are not limited to:
Rental prices can fluctuate yearly or even monthly. We will give you a range of what your property will rent for based on other properties similar to yours in the market. One of our qualified property managers will perform a full inspection to assess your property’s condition and make recommends that may be necessary to maximize curb appeal, maintain your property’s rental value, and attract quality tenants. During this evaluation we also document any damages and help you create a plan for short and long term costs needed to protect your investment.
Windermere Voss Property Management takes a comprehensive approach when marketing your property which provides the best exposure to the most qualified potential tenants. Here are some of the steps we’ll take to market your property:
- Photographs will be taken that highlight the features that set your property apart from others.
- Marketing your rental online via windermerevpm.com, Trulia, Zillow, Facebook, Craigslist, and Windermere.com, which receives an average of one million monthly visits and allows potential tenants to search for rental properties within the areas they choose, view photo galleries, property details, and print out fliers of your property.
- For Rent Signs will be placed on your property (where applicable) providing prospective tenants in the area with all the information they need to find out more about the property and contact one of our skilled property managers.
Qualification of prospective tenants
We have a very complete and thorough tenant application process. This includes pulling a full credit check, nationwide criminal background check, rental history, job history, and reference checks. Tenants must meet our guidelines in all of these areas to rent through us.
Windermere Voss Property Management handles all the paperwork and legwork for you. Here are some of the steps we take upon move-in:
- Execution of rental/lease agreement
- Pet, lead based paint, mold and other addendums
- State required disclosures
- Utility transfers
- Move in condition report
- HOA rules and regulations
- Transfer of keys
- Collection of all security deposits including first rents (deposited into FDIC insured client trust account)
- Meet with tenant at property to go over all the details of the property
- Meet with tenant at the property to go over all paperwork and give copies
- Digital photo documentation of the property for your file (each new lease/Tennant)
If you already have tenants in your property we will do our best to cultivate a strong relationship with them by sending out written letters notifying them of the management transition and explain to them what we do. We’ll be sure to include our contact information, how and where to pay rent, rules and regulations, new rental/lease agreements and any other paper work they will need. We have found that providing a personal approach with our tenants helps not only in the transition process but also to build a strong relationship with each tenant, encouraging longevity and satisfaction.
You can choose whether or not you would like pets on your property. Pets are not a protected class unless they are a companion animal (this comes with a written form from the doctor). If you choose to allow pets, we accept dogs and cats for a refundable deposit of $200 which each tenant with a pet will be required pay. In addition, all animals must be approved with an acceptable pet reference from the previous landlord. A member of our staff will meet with all pets and verify that they are up to date on vaccines and licensed.
Collection of deposits and rental fees
We require all tenants to pay ample security deposits to ensure their pledge of complying with the terms of the rental agreement. All security deposits are kept in and FDIC insured Client Trust Security Deposit Account. If a tenant moves out, they need to meet all conditions of the deposit refund sheet to get their deposit refunded back.
We collect and process all rent monies from tenants and enforce on-time rent payments. Rent is due on the 1st and is legally late on the 5th. We do not accept partial payments on rents. In the case that rent is not received on time we will take the necessary steps to ensure that the tenant is given proper notice and that all necessary actions are taken to remedy the situation.
Maintenance and Move-out procedures
We have a great team put together if your property ever needs repairs including a full service, licensed, insured and bonded construction company that cares for our properties. We respond to all maintenance requests within 24 hours. However, our maintenance team is on call 24/7 in the case of an emergency, which would be handled right away.
When a move-out occurs we will again go through the unit and give you a detailed report, including photos, of any repairs that need to be done. We make any repairs necessary and perform full detailed clean of the unit including, but not limited to, carpets and windows. We can also coordinate and supervise insurance claims when applicable. We treat your property like our own and want to ensure that it is always well maintained and holding its market value.
We invest in advanced technology systems so we can provide you with the best service and manage your properties efficiently and effectively. We have chosen the property management and accounting software called AppFolio Property Manager to manage our properties. Some of the benefits that we are able to pass on to you:
- We can respond faster and provide better service to both owners and tenants.
- We can securely access information about all properties at any time and from anywhere. Sensitive data is securely housed in a state-of-art data center, and backed up regularly and automatically.
- Monthly statements can be delivered to your email inbox, saving time and paper.
- The statements are easy to read and provide you with a quick snapshot of your property details for the past month.
- We address property maintenance issues faster.
- We can create electronic work orders and communicate with vendors so we quickly solve issues.
- You will be paid faster and more securely.
- We are able to use electronic payments (ACH) to deposit funds directly into your bank account.
- We can more effectively market your properties to fill vacancies sooner.
- We can quickly and professionally advertise your properties on our Web site, Craigslist, and other Web sites.
Disbursement of funds on owners’ behalf
We manage and make payments on mortgages, utilities, HOA expenses, insurance and any other property bills you might need paid out of your client trust account. Having your property bills paid by us provides a great benefit when filing taxes, as everything is all in one place and itemized for you on your year-end tax statement. We also keep all bill stubs and receipts filed electronically on your owners’ portal for easy access at any time.
Our fee is based on a percentage of the gross monthly rents collected. Please contact us to discuss our fee structure, as every client and property have different needs.
HOA Management Specialist