Application System and Criteria
We here at Windermere Voss Property Management and Associates know that looking for a rental home can at times be a difficult and daunting task. We do our best to erase the unease and make finding your next home as simple and stream-lined as possible.
Finding the right home for you:
- Please review all of the vacancy advertisement before scheduling a viewing. This includes the length of lease being offered, utilities included, and any restrictions such as pets or smoking.
- If the property is in an area that you are unfamiliar with we recommend that you drive-by the home and check out the neighborhood. Do not disturb occupants.
- Fill out a Guest Card or call the office to schedule a viewing of the rental that you are interested in. Most units can be shown anytime Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm. If you need a weekend or evening showing please note this could take longer to accommodate.
- Some of our homes have the option for self-showings through Rently. You will need to set up an account with Rently, which will require a photo id, credit or debit card, and a selfie to verify identity. A $0.99 charge will show pending on your card, but will not process. Available properties for self-tour will be noted in the marketing description.
You have found the one: Your Application ***PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS CHANGED AS OF MARCH 1, 2020 to comply with Portland FAIR Housing laws, and only applies to properties within the City of Portland (If the property you are applying for is outside of Portland, please call our office for application steps and criteria) ***
- Click the link to the application on the marketing description.
- Check the marketing description to ensure you are past the 72 Hour waiting period and are now in the Open Application period. Applications will be processed in the order received. Any application submitted before the beginning of the Open Application will be subject to an 8 hr penalty added to the beginning of the Open Application period.
- If a property is listed as “accessible,” applicants idenitfying as mobility-disabled will be given priority over other applications
- To be considered for one of our rentals, all persons living in the home, over the age of 18, must fill out an application. You must identify yourself as either an applicant (financially responsible) or a non-applicant tenant (not financially responsible). There must be at least one financially responsible applicant per property.
- Financially responsible applicants will be required to submit a $45.00 non-refundable application fee. Non-applicant tenants will not pay an application fee. Non-applicant tenants will not be subject to financial screening, but will still be screened based on factors related to safety and rental history. Unfortunately, the onset of FAIR has required us to change the company that provides our applications, and we do not yet have the ability to take credit or debit cards as of yet. Until we are able to, you will need to bring a check or money order to our office and make it out to Voss Property Management. An application will not be considered complete until we have received payment.
- Full screening criteria can be found on the first page of the rental application and will vary based on type of application submitted.
Application Approval or Denial:
- Most applications will be processed and approved or denied within 5 business days of a completed application being received. If additional information is needed our team will reach out to you.
- Approved applicants will be called or e-mailed with the approval status of the application. The next steps in the leasing process will be covered at this time with the approved applicants
- Denied Applicants will receive a denial letter via mail at the address supplied on the application. We are not allowed to discuss denial reasons via phone as it is personal information and we cannot verify over phone that the person we are talking to is the person who submitted the application.